Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 C7000v2 Nighthawk - Random Packet Loss Started out of nowhere

Serix13
Aspirant

AC1900 C7000v2 Nighthawk - Random Packet Loss Started out of nowhere

Like the title says, just started randomly happening 2 days ago to me, nothing changed in regards to my settings or service provider.  Called and checked with them and they said everything was good on their end.

When playing games online I get notifications of unexpected packet loss and latency issues which has never happened.

Here's a pic of the cable connection.  Appreciate any help in advance.

https://i.imgur.com/sKV7nny.png 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1900 C7000v2 Nighthawk - Random Packet Loss Started out of nowhere

Your power levels are out of spec, you have unlocked channels, and you have errors in the line. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

If all that doesn't help, then the isp needs to check the line. 

Message 2 of 4
Serix13
Aspirant

Ended up buying a new cable and the modem is connected directly without any other adapters inbetween

https://imgur.com/oWVDYHG

Still not having any luck yet.  Still just trying to do everything I can on my end and im contacting my ISP here in a bit.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

tons of errors in the line. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

If that doesn't help, the isp needs to check the line. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7