Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 unable to remove obsolete devices from my access control list

sabrtuth63
Aspirant

AC1900 unable to remove obsolete devices from my access control list

Started having issues with my AC1900's access control list.  I have old devices that I want to remove from the list but can't find a delete option.   So, I've blocked these old devices but they still show up in the connected list and use up an IP. (see attached PNG file). How is this happening?

Additionally,  my iPhones which are allowed devices are showing up as "allowed devices not currently connected" even though the phones show WiFi connection to the router. On both phones, I'm occasionally getting the Netgear "blocked by access control" black & red screen even thought both are allowed devices.  This all just started occurring recently.  I've rebooted the AC1900 via the admin console and I've done a power reset (unplug).   Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC1900 unable to remove obsolete devices from my access control list

Factory reset the modem and setup from scratch. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the modem and setup from scratch. 

Message 2 of 6
sabrtuth63
Aspirant

@FURRYe38      Is this a known issue/bug with AC1900's?  Suprising that a reboot and power reset didn't resolve the issue  .  Is the factory reset/reconfigure the only option?  Please advise.  Thanks

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep.

Message 4 of 6
sabrtuth63
Aspirant

Furrye38,   I saved the configuration settings and did the factory reset.   Once I got back on, I reloaded the configuration.    This parially resolved the issue for some of the allowed devices in the access control list while others still got the blocked by access control message.  For those devices, I had to delete their MAC completely from the AC list, re-add the MAC's, and apply.   That finally resolved the issue.   Thank you for the assist.   

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. 

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements