Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Annoying "Smart Parental Controls", Genie App, and Auto-time sync advertisements!

Balmoral
Aspirant

Annoying "Smart Parental Controls", Genie App, and Auto-time sync advertisements!

Every time I login to the router I get those annoying advertisements for Smart Parental Controls, The Genie App, auto-time sync, etc.

I login and logout of the router many times a day and all those perpetual extra clicks really degrade my problem solving flow.

I don't see any way to deactivate them. Please, somebody, tell me how to turn them off!

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Annoying "Smart Parental Controls", Genie App, and Auto-time sync advertisements!

Please post about this over in the Genie app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Genie/bd-p/home-genie

Try using the Nighthawk app instead. The Genie app is probably not being developed anymore. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 6
Balmoral
Aspirant

Re: Annoying "Smart Parental Controls", Genie App, and Auto-time sync advertisements!

I don't want to run my networks from a phone. Does the Nighthawk app come in a desktop version?

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

For desktop management, use a web browser pointed at the router or modem. 

Mobile apps are only made for phones and pads. 

Message 4 of 6
Balmoral
Aspirant

I already use the browser pointed at the router. That's where all the annoying advertisements keep popping up. I see no way to disable them. The 1st advertisement is for CIRCLE, to: "Enable Smart Parental Controls on Your Router". Once I click out of that advertisement I get the 2nd one: "Speed up your experience by using the Netgear App.

I also have the constant large banner on the bottom of the left panel advertising their Netgear App from the Google Play store and the Apple App store.

This router was expensive, and I still have to constantly click through ads all over the place! Is there no way to disable them?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7