Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3000 Terrible Wifi... "unstable connection" message on any wireless device.

skywalker993
Follower

C3000 Terrible Wifi... "unstable connection" message on any wireless device.

Wired connections are fine and speedy. Wireless connections (even just 1 device at a time) are incredibly slow if ever able to connect. Most phones and laptops show a "network is unstable" or "ready to connect when network improves" or some such message. I have rebooted a few times. Purchased in Feb so still available for warranty repair if that's necessary.

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C3000 Terrible Wifi... "unstable connection" message on any wireless device.

Hello skywalker933

have you tried changing the wireless channel on the router to see if you are getting better speeds. also have you tried a factory reset and set the router up again and test it? and like you said its still under warranty you can contact netgear support if its defective and have it swapped.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
cooljb96
Aspirant

Re: C3000 Terrible Wifi... "unstable connection" message on any wireless device.

I am also having WiFi issues ever since Comcast updated the firmware to 2.02.06.  When connected to modem with ethernet cable speeds are blazing fast.  WiFi speeds are generally half what I get when connected with ethernet cable.  Was not an issue before firmware update.  I have factory reset the modem and fiddled with all of the wireless settings, but nothing improves the WiFi performance.

Message 3 of 5
cooljb96
Aspirant

And before you ask, I have changed the channel - I used the genie interface to see which channels are not being used and tried them.  No improvement.  And the issue occurs on any device I connect using WiFi.  This firmware update is definitely the culprit.  WiFi performance was great before the update.

Message 4 of 5
VWW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here with Comcast Blast Pro.  Rebooted, changed channel, checked firmware, etc.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7