Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250 lost settings after power failure

archiey
Follower

C6250 lost settings after power failure

My power went out due to a downed line in the neighborhood and when it came back on my C6250 cable modem router had lost it's settings and defaulted to factory settings. I have experienced several outages in the past and never lost settings. I have unplugged the router to reboot it many times and never lost settings.

Is there a battery in the router that could have failed or some other explanation?

I don't stay in this location over the winter and am concerned that if it happens again I will loose the ability to access my smart home devices. security cameras, thermostat, lights, etc.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: C6250 lost settings after power failure

It could have been the CMTS triggering a factory reset when it lost power. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that. 

If thats what caused it, nothing will prevent it as thats a signal from the ISP. 

If you're leaving for a season, I'd invest in a basic UPS (backup power supply) that you can put the C6250 on. Just in case it was triggered on your end from the power issue. You can get pretty basic modem only ones for pretty cheap. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7