Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 AC1750 weak wireless signal. Intermittant

lwdou
Follower

C6300 AC1750 weak wireless signal. Intermittant

Hello

My modem/router is not producing the speed that I am paying for w/Cox Internet...300mgps

Different speed tester programs have different readings. I have changed the channel on both the 2.4ghz & 5G ghz

Message 1 of 4

Re: C6300 AC1750 weak wireless signal. Intermittant

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

@michaelkenward already addressed the "in the wrong forum part" we'll wait to see if a moderator moves this. 

In the meantime, what speeds do you get hardwired into the router?

something else to keep in mind is cox recently changed their minimum requirements for speeds >150mbps 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/C6300v2-not-support-cox-service/m-p/1962981/hi...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What are you getting with a wired PC connected to the modem?

What wifi devices are you using to speed test with. 

You probbably no see anything near 300Mpbs on 5Ghz. Limitations on wifi hardward on phones and pads and being that this modem model is of an older generation, wifi speeds will be limited. I would presume mabye you see near 100Mpbs est speeds on wifi 5Ghz. 

@lwdou wrote:

Hello

My modem/router is not producing the speed that I am paying for w/Cox Internet...300mgps

Different speed tester programs have different readings. I have changed the channel on both the 2.4ghz & 5G ghz

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7