Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 - Information only - Stuck on "Updating settings" while setting a static IP address

saint2468
Aspirant

C6300 - Information only - Stuck on "Updating settings" while setting a static IP address

I encountered the same problem as this article (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/C6300-Reservations-not-working/m-p/2032850/thr...).

Basically, when the web interface appears to hang on "Updating settings" when trying to "Add+" a new static IP address.

After some frustrating online searches and testing, I was finally able to resolve this.

The trick is to just wait (anywhere from 5-25 minutes) and it should get to the next screen.

Although your authentication has timed out, simply re-enter the username/password and you can set your static IP address.

Hope this helps you.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6300 - Information only - Stuck on "Updating settings" while setting a static IP addr

What broswer are you using? Try MS Edge, Firefox or Opera? 

Be sure to clear out any browse caches...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed yet? 

Message 2 of 3
saint2468
Aspirant

Re: C6300 - Information only - Stuck on "Updating settings" while setting a static IP addr

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried using Chrome, Firefox, and Edge and they all had the same effect.

I didn't try clearing the browser cache but then I had never used Firefox and Edge to access the router before.

I didn't do a factory reset since it eventually worked by just waiting.  🙂

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7