Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6300 Wont activate DMZ

rhayle
Aspirant

C6300 Wont activate DMZ

Ive gone through everything i know to do on the c6300 to enable to dmz and this damn thing just wont work.
Media Server is off,
DOS/Portscan disable is off
Wan/DMZ Server IP is set
What else can I do?  Am really regretting buying this damned thing at the moment.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rhayle
Aspirant

Fixed the issue. 
I removed the 6300 and replaced with a surfboard sb6183, installed a linksys ac2400 behind it, added a range extender to drop ethernet directly into the tivo box for moca support. configured the ac2400, added necessary rules and static routes (btw, whos dumbassed idea was it not to allow the 6300 to do static routing?) and everything is working perfectly. I believe i've bought my last piece of netgear equipment however.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello rhayle 

There is a known issue with opening ports and the DMZ with the C6300 we have fixed this in the newest firmware but that firmware is pushed out by your ISP which they have to approve the firmware and then push it out when they want to. I don't have a ETA on when they will push the new firmware out.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
rhayle
Aspirant

Fixed the issue. 
I removed the 6300 and replaced with a surfboard sb6183, installed a linksys ac2400 behind it, added a range extender to drop ethernet directly into the tivo box for moca support. configured the ac2400, added necessary rules and static routes (btw, whos dumbassed idea was it not to allow the 6300 to do static routing?) and everything is working perfectly. I believe i've bought my last piece of netgear equipment however.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7