Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000-100NAS Connecting USB HDD to ReadyShare

pwcrickman
Aspirant

C7000-100NAS Connecting USB HDD to ReadyShare

I would like to connect a Seagate Backup Plus drive (NTFS format) to my router and use it for backups.  When I connect it to the router, the active light comes on for the drive which I assume to mean that a connection has been made.  However when looking at the Home page for the router, it shows that no USB drive is present.  AFAIK this device does not require a special drivers - I can connect it directly to a Win 11 laptop without any drivers.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
pwcrickman
Aspirant

Re: C7000-100NAS Connecting USB HDD to ReadyShare

The Seagate drive is nine years old (model # SRDOSPO) so I don't expect there to be a power issue.  The Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> USB Settings -> Enable any USB Device connected to the USB port option is set to Yes.  

There are other newer Seagate Backup Plus models on the Netgear Readyshare list.  I guess I am out of luck.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You might be connecting it and windows installing them itself. 

You might also check the power requirements. Some of the newer ones are pulling more power than the router can put out. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24059/What-are-the-USB-drive-requirements-for-ReadySHARE-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 2 of 3
pwcrickman
Aspirant

The Seagate drive is nine years old (model # SRDOSPO) so I don't expect there to be a power issue.  The Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> USB Settings -> Enable any USB Device connected to the USB port option is set to Yes.  

There are other newer Seagate Backup Plus models on the Netgear Readyshare list.  I guess I am out of luck.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7