Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000 AC1900 incompatibility

Shooter2
Follower

C7000 AC1900 incompatibility

On the product box it states "This product does not support Home Phone Services from cable providers" and " Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services". I have cable TV, internet and phone service in a bundle. Before I try to hook this Cable Modem Router up, are these statements telling me that this product will not work with my internet and cable at all or is it only telling me something about my phone service? If so, what?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: C7000 AC1900 incompatibility

@Shooter2 wrote:

On the product box it states "This product does not support Home Phone Services from cable providers" and " Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services". I have cable TV, internet and phone service in a bundle. Before I try to hook this Cable Modem Router up, are these statements telling me that this product will not work with my internet and cable at all or is it only telling me something about my phone service? If so, what?

Internet access over your coax will work fine as long as the C7000 is on your Internet Service Provider's approved devices list.  For the internet access to work, you will have to activate your device with your ISP.  You will not be able to use your ISP voice service with the C7000.  There is no RJ11 connector on the back of your C7000.

If that is a deal breaker, you need to look for a cable modem router with a model number with a V at the end.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@Shooter2 wrote:

Internet access over your coax will work fine as long as the C7000 is on your Internet Service Provider's approved devices list.  For the internet access to work, you will have to activate your device with your ISP.  You will not be able to use your ISP voice service with the C7000.  There is no RJ11 connector on the back of your C7000.

If that is a deal breaker, you need to look for a cable modem router with a model number with a V at the end.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

@Kitsap is correct. If you need phone service, this is the wrong device for you. 

Who's your ISP? Many of the "v" series are Comcast only devices. 

so it might be worth checking with your ISP to see whats compatible with your service 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7