Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000 v C7000v2 / Drop out / Optimum

DJClaire
Follower

C7000 v C7000v2 / Drop out / Optimum

Hello!

I live in CT and only have access to Optimum as a ISP. They are terrible naturally.  We pay for 300mb and get 70 - 90 at best. I want to replace the Modem / Router combo they charge us for.  I have done some research and it seems like the A1900 C7000 or C7000v2 is my best solution for compatibility and speed.  So a few questions: 

1) Is there anything better suited to our needs than this model?

2) I have read that there are no differences between the C7000 and the C7000v2 apart from design changes. Is this correct?

3) Is the new V2 version more reliable as I have heard a lot of people are suffering with drop out on both devices.  Reliability is my number one concern over speed.

4) What is up with only 90 days warranty on these devices? Most other suppliers offer 1 - 2 years.  I assume if I buy from Best Buy or similar they will protect me against failure for a full year?

If there is anything else I have missed or need to know, please let me know!

Thanks

Claire

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000 v C7000v2 / Drop out / Optimum

Check with your ISP first to see what model NG modems are supported on there network before you buy. 

If you buy a warranty thru best buy, then you'll be covered by them. Be sure you contact them for information regarding this before you buy.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7