Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000V2 NOT SAME IP DOWNLOADS 50 PAY FOR 400 WITH COMCAST

tnola
Follower

C7000V2 NOT SAME IP DOWNLOADS 50 PAY FOR 400 WITH COMCAST

IP address is different in Settings--has extra number...AND..AND we have been fighting with Comcast for over 18 years because no matter what ANYBODY does, no matter what router or what modem----we pay for a level of Mbps and get less than half so now we get 51 Mbps Down BUT we pay for 400 used to be 200 and we got 18 used to be 100 we got 12-

Trying one last time to go to NETGEAR for help before we go "all phones" (and read more)

Message 1 of 3

Re: C7000V2 NOT SAME IP DOWNLOADS 50 PAY FOR 400 WITH COMCAST

I don't think your description of your issue is going to mean much to most people here.

What is the problem in simple terms?

If you want to talk to people who use the C7000V2  you might do better to visit the place where they hang out:

Cable Modems & Gateways - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000V2 NOT SAME IP DOWNLOADS 50 PAY FOR 400 WITH COMCAST

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status and event log page.
https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...
https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-view-or-clear-the-event-logs-on-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mode...

What are speeds seen with a ethernet connected PC behind the modem?

What devices do you have connected? 

@tnola wrote:

IP address is different in Settings--has extra number...AND..AND we have been fighting with Comcast for over 18 years because no matter what ANYBODY does, no matter what router or what modem----we pay for a level of Mbps and get less than half so now we get 51 Mbps Down BUT we pay for 400 used to be 200 and we got 18 used to be 100 we got 12-

Trying one last time to go to NETGEAR for help before we go "all phones" (and read more)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7