Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 Link Speeds

Ashley81
Aspirant

C7000v2 Link Speeds

I have a new C7000v2. I am trying to make sure everything is go before the cable people get here (not hooked up yet). I noticed in my Windows settings that my receive link speed at 5Ghz is 54Mbps. However, a Powershell 'netsh wlan show interface' shows 1300 Mbps. I have seen this question posted, but I have not found any answers. I have also seen that WMM must be enabled but I don't know where to do that. Do I have 54 or 1300? Thank you.

combined.jpg

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000v2 Link Speeds

Would be something to inquired about with either MS or the mfr of the wireless adapters support and information site. 

Message 2 of 6
Ashley81
Aspirant

Thank you, I have contacted the manufacturer, and so far have only gotten form-type responses along the lines of 'how to reset your cable modem/router.'

What I am really interested in...is the 54Mbps 'right' or 'wrong'...if it's 'wrong', I would rather not mess with it and just get another gateway.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure the adatpers wifi drivers are up to date from the Mfr. 

Try disabling or enabling Smart Connect on the modem. 

Try a reset on the modem and setup from scratch. 

Might try a different wifi adapter. 

If this doesn't resolve what your seeing, this points to the adapter or something in Windows. 

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Easy way to test it is to actually do a speedtest on it. 

The 5ghz should saturate 54mpbs without issues. So if you get speeds faster than that, kind points at it not displaying correctly

Message 5 of 6
Ashley81
Aspirant

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Ashley

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation