Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 Router won't connect to Blink or Kindel

tommy_boy
Tutor

C7000v2 Router won't connect to Blink or Kindel

I recently installed a Nighthawk C7000v2. I now have a Blink security modem and Kindel that won't connect to my new router. If I change my Netgear account password, will that automatically change the router password I used to activate the router ? 

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000v2 Router won't connect to Blink or Kindel

No. You can log in and manage your router through the browser if you want. It won't change the ssid/password. 

What error are you getting when you try to connect?

Message 2 of 5
tommy_boy
Tutor

Plemans, thanks for the help. When I try to connect my Kindel, the message I get is "Authentication failed". How do I get to the password on the router to find out what it is or change it??  The password on it was set by a Xfinity tech and I gave him the password to use but apparently, he may have used something else because whenever I use it to try to connect the password I gave him, it fails.   

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You can log into the device through the browser. 

go to routerlogin . com on a connected device. Log into the router and from there you can check/view the ssid/password. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

I'd recommend avoiding any special characters/spaces in the ssid/password. Some devices struggle with them (not the router but IoT devices, ereaders, etc)

You can find the manual here: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/c7000v2.aspx

Message 4 of 5
tommy_boy
Tutor

Thanks for the advise, I appreciate your help. I think I have it figured out. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7