Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 works for certain devices

Jamar27davis
Aspirant

C7000v2 works for certain devices

I bought this Netgear Modem Router but it only works on my iPhone and MacBook, not my Roku stick or TV. I have Skywire (DirectTV) internet they said it's not the service it's the router. Please help I'm not very familiar when I had COX everything was much simple just moved to this apartment and first time using Skywire and Netgear….
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000v2 works for certain devices

Skywire? the C7000 is a modem/router combo device. 

I didn't know that skywire had coaxial service. 

Did it work when you were using cox? 

What error are you getting? 

Message 2 of 6
Jamar27davis
Aspirant

Attached is a picture of the setup (Ethernet from wall to modem and coax from wall to tv). Cox gave me a router I didn't need to buy one (I was just pointing out that I never really had to deal with this)... however I just bought this Netgear one from Walmart because I was told to. The error only comes in with my ROKU tv which needs wifi to watch Netflix and such as of now I can only watch regular live TV: "It's showing up on my tv as a network but once I put in the password it says the network cannot connect reset router or check password"
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Well, I don't see a photo. 

But like I said, the C7000 is a coaxial modem. Meaning it needs a coax input from your isp. If you're isp's signal is coming in over an ethernet connection, its not compatible.

Message 4 of 6
Jamar27davis
Aspirant

So should I buy a different modem?
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

You should contact your ISP for compatible devices. 
You might just need a router only device and not a modem/router combo device that you have

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7