Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7500 UI not responding and broadcasting 2.4G

NoyS_609
Aspirant

C7500 UI not responding and broadcasting 2.4G

A few days ago I've noticed that some of my devices running on 2.4G Wifi got disconnected. I routerlogin.net to my router and can't find 2.4G setup anymore. I did factyory reset, which didn't helped. Now, I can't even change SSID name, nor my passphrase. Web UI simply doesn't do anything and does not responding when I click "Apply". Also it prompts me for user name and password every time I click on any link within Routerlogin.net UI. The firmware version is V1.01.32. Is anyone else experienced this?
Message 1 of 21

Accepted Solutions
NoyS_609
Aspirant

Re: C7500 UI not responding and broadcasting 2.4G

it's okay, I'll figure it out. everything works on my ISP part except for the router login. what I'm noticing is that it's trying to redirect the page but couldn't open it so it leaves the settings area blank.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 21

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try pressing the reset button in back of the modem for 10 seconds then release. When the modem has become semi ready, pull the power cord from the wall out let for 1 minute then back in. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser and complete it. 

Message 2 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

I've tried the steps you've provided several of times and still no luck. The 2.4GHz light is still not coming on and the UI is still not responding the way it should. I'll get blank a page in almost every tab I go into. The one's I can see I cannot save the changes because the "Apply" does nothing/doesn't work. Once I entered in my credentials; I get a blank page as well. Any other solution how we can resolve this? 

Please see attached screenshot. 3 pictures in 1 screenshot

Message 3 of 21
Kitsap
Master

Be sure and clear the cache in your web browser.  Which ever browser you are using, try a different one.

Message 4 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

I had already tried wiping out all of my browsing history, temp files, and even cleaned up my local C:\ but still getting a blank page in every tab. I've tried different browser and laptop, still got the same result. Was something changed recently on Netgear end such as updates? Everything was working until this past Tuesday 29th. 

Message 5 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

I came across this Netgear KB page: https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-is-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mo...

It stated the C7500 latest version is v1.01.37 was pushed out by Comcast/Xfinity which I have for ISP. So I reached out to my ISP and they stated they don't push out firmware on a 3rd party devices. I was also informed by my ISP that there is another firmware version that I need to update. So what is the latest firmware for C7500 model? 

Message 6 of 21
Kitsap
Master

@NoyS_609 wrote:

I came across this Netgear KB page: https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-is-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mo...

It stated the C7500 latest version is v1.01.37 was pushed out by Comcast/Xfinity which I have for ISP. So I reached out to my ISP and they stated they don't push out firmware on a 3rd party devices. I was also informed by my ISP that there is another firmware version that I need to update. So what is the latest firmware for C7500 model? 

I have not heard of Xfinity refusing to push firmware to user owned modems or gateways.  Your V1.01.37 is current per the web page you linked.  That page shows a revision date of 4/20/2023.

Sounds to me like you made contact with a customer service representative that did not know what they were talking about.  It would not hurt to invest the time to make another call or enter into support chat to get a second opinion.

When you are attempting to connect to the user interface, are you connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet?  If Wi-Fi, you should try via Ethernet.

Message 7 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

I've tried both WiFi and ethernet and still not getting any images when selecting each tab. Again, I have tried multiple devices even on my cell phone and it continuously want me to enter my credentials even after I'm already logged in. Could there be a bug in V1.01.37 version? Everything was fine until it got updated to V1.01.37 early last week. Only think I've noticed that is different after logging into the router, it says "Connection is not secure". No matter how I configure the connection, it made no difference. 

Is there a way to revert the firmware to the previous version?

Message 8 of 21
Kitsap
Master

@NoyS_609 wrote:

I've tried both WiFi and ethernet and still not getting any images when selecting each tab. Again, I have tried multiple devices even on my cell phone and it continuously want me to enter my credentials even after I'm already logged in. Could there be a bug in V1.01.37 version? Everything was fine until it got updated to V1.01.37 early last week. Only think I've noticed that is different after logging into the router, it says "Connection is not secure". No matter how I configure the connection, it made no difference. 

Is there a way to revert the firmware to the previous version?  No

The not secure connection is not of a concern.  You are making a web browser connection to a http:/ location on your local network.  The web browsers are set to expect https:/ for connecting to a server on the internet.

You are going to have to ask your ISP to re-push the firmware or re-push your configuration file or both.  When you own a C7500 cable modem router combination device, you are at the mercy of your ISP.

You might get more personalized attention from your ISP by posting here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/

Message 9 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

it's okay, I'll figure it out. everything works on my ISP part except for the router login. what I'm noticing is that it's trying to redirect the page but couldn't open it so it leaves the settings area blank.

Message 10 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

So just curious did you get the 2.4Gb broadcasting and what was the solution to get it working? 

Message 11 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

I've tried everything I could think of and can't get the 2.4 to come on. I think it's related to the admin settings that I can't do anything on. the page acts as if it's trying to redirect me to whatever settings I'm trying to get to and doesn't display the images and prompt for my login everytime i try to open a tab/setting. I've also tried making changes in the Genie App on my laptop, it'll make the changes in the app but does no effect to my router.

ISP end is good, router is good only thing that is preventing me to reconnfigure my router is the routerlogin.net/192.168.0.1 login works but not functional..I have owned many of netgear equipments and never had any issues until last week. i understand you guys are moving to an app version, could this affect the website from working?.

Message 12 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Any browser should be able to gain access to the modems web page at 192.168.1.1

Have you tried disconnecting the modem from the ISP coax cable line, then press the reset button for 10 seconds in, then release. With a ethernet connected PC, try Firefox or Opera browser to see if the setup wizard is seen at 192.168.1.1. A long in screen should not be seen here. 

Message 13 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

I have not tried this step but I'll give it a shot and will let you know. My troubleshoot had gotten exhausted and running out of things to try. I can replicate the same problem on 8 different devices and 2 laptops no matter how I configured my browsers settings and site & security settings in different browsers.

I just remembered my 2.4 had to be enabled in order for it to come on but I can configured anything.

Message 14 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset should have 2.4 and 5Ghz radios enabled by default. 

Message 15 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

I just disconnected the coaxial cable from the router followed by a reset. With RJ45 connected to a laptop and freshly installed Firefox and Opera - neither one of the browser can reach 192.168.1.1 shown in screen shot attached

I couldn't ping 192.168.1.1 but if I were to ping 192.168.0.1; I get a response back.

Result below:

C:\Windows\System32>ping 192.168.0.1

Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data
Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 10ms, Average = 4ms

C:\Windows\System32>ping 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Any other idea besides buying a new device?

Message 16 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Last thing to try is a 30-30-30 reset. 
If this fails to bring access the modems web page, I think the modem needs to be replaced. 

Message 17 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

This is all I have been getting since my router started to act weird last week. Does this event log mean anything? See attached

Message 18 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Any Criticals, Errors or Warnings seen in the event logs are indications of a signal issues on the ISP coax line up to the modem. Any of these seen in the event logs needs to be reviewed by the ISP and resolved. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html
https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

Message 19 of 21
NoyS_609
Aspirant

Thank you for the steps. After all of the troubleshooting that I have done already, the issue is not on the ISP end because everything else works just fine, just can't configure anthing in the admin console. However, after all of the settings I was able to get to, they made no effect to my changes but ONE THING....I was surprisely ABLE to disabled NAT Mode so I could use the modem/router as just a modem alone connecting a new router to it without an IP conflict. I THINK...the issue is with the router part itself, again not an ISP and I may know how to fix the combo (use the reset inside the board). My conclusion is that router part may have gotten hung up and needed a master reset if the reset button doesn't work from the outside, you go inside the board to force it (push button). 

I will try this and let you know but really dont want to mess with it since my internet is working as intended and configured the new router already.

Message 20 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes modem mode would work for you as well for a external wifi router.

However again, Cable Connections and Event logs are still important as they report issues and such from the modem side while in modem mode. Be sure the ISP reviews them and resolves any issues seen there. 

Good Luck and enjoy. 

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7