Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 router firmware wont update, Outlook has trouble synchronizing with microsoft exchange

kylebuch13
Follower

C7800 router firmware wont update, Outlook has trouble synchronizing with microsoft exchange

My Nighthawk Cable Modem Router C7800 won't give me the option to update the firmware. It tells me it's outdated in my nighthawk app, but then won't give me the option to update in router settings. I've updated my time zone as someone else suggested. That did not work for me and getting an update. Mediacom says they can't update it and Netgear says the ISP has to push it. I'm not having real connectivity issues except for when I work from home my outlook app does not communicate with Microsoft Exchange freely and freezing every 5-10 minutes. That may be a separate issue, but either way would like both resolved. Any potential solutions would be great. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7800 router firmware wont update, Outlook has trouble synchronizing with microsoft exchange

Ignore what the NH app says. It's not correct.

ISP ARE responsible for updating FW on C series modems. NG sends the FW to ISP for testing and certification on there network, once tested there, its up to ISP to send it to modems. FYI, some ISPs will not update users owned modems. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

If your having problems with the modem then make a post and give details. IF its' FW releated, then you'll need to talk to the ISP about this. Most issues can be resolved with out any FW updates. 

Contact MS support for outlook problems seen. 

Try a factoy reset and setup from scratch on the modem. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7