Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 AX6000 Power Adapter Barrel Connector

sara03
Follower

CAX80 AX6000 Power Adapter Barrel Connector

I received a replacement power adapter for this modem/router and it looks like it doesn't fit due to the center pin of the connector. Is this something I can just bend and break off to get it to work or will I need a different one? Also, does anyone know why every replacement shows a center pin but I have one with a plug that is solid? I think the barrel is 7.4mm x 5.0mm

Message 1 of 3

Re: CAX80 AX6000 Power Adapter Barrel Connector

@sara03 wrote:

I received a replacement power adapter for this modem/router and it looks like it doesn't fit due to the center pin of the connector.

Where did it come from? Netgear?

Most Netgear routers have adapters that work with many different devices. One or two have freaky adapters that break the mould. And Netgear seems to be reluctant to supply replacements or to divulge the tip dimensions.

Is this something I can just bend and break off to get it to work or will I need a different one?

Your call, but I wouldn't risk it.

Some generic adapters on sale at Amazon and other places come with a set of adapters that will fit a range of devices.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 AX6000 Power Adapter Barrel Connector

https://www.reddit.com/r/NETGEAR/comments/11hg0n2/cax80_ax6000_power_adapter_barrel_connector/

@sara03 wrote:

I received a replacement power adapter for this modem/router and it looks like it doesn't fit due to the center pin of the connector. Is this something I can just bend and break off to get it to work or will I need a different one? Also, does anyone know why every replacement shows a center pin but I have one with a plug that is solid? I think the barrel is 7.4mm x 5.0mm

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7