Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 Wireless Settings Wont Load

mleone
Aspirant

CAX80 Wireless Settings Wont Load

Using the admin portal in the browser, I can't seem to load the Basic->Wireless and Advanced->Setup->Wireless Setup pages. I've tried from Firefox, Chrome, and Edge on my desktop. I've also tried from Firefox and Chrome on my phone. I always get either a connection refused, connection reset, or empty response error.

I've tried restarting the modem, and I even tried resetting it. Nothing so far has worked.

Hardware Version
Firmware Version
V2.1.5.2
Cable Firmware Version
V1.02.08

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 Wireless Settings Wont Load

Pressing the reset button in back for 15 seconds then release and then waiting for the modem to come to a partial ready then accessing the modems setup wizard page at 192.168.1.1 and walking thru this routine can't get the wireless settings to load in the web page? 

Be sure to clear out all web browser caches before starting this. MS Edge browser should work the best. Make sure it's fully updated prior. 

Message 2 of 9
mleone
Aspirant

Edge is up to date and cache was cleared between attempts to get the page to load and still no luck. Any other ideas?

I have also tried loading the page over a wired connection instead of over wireless and that didn't help either 😞
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this happen with a different PC as well? 

Message 4 of 9
mleone
Aspirant

I had tried it from both Firefox and chrome on my phone, though I can't remember if it was before or after I did the factory reset. I'll give that another try tonight.
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Lets try from a PC or laptop if you have one.

Message 6 of 9
mleone
Aspirant

Sorry, should have clarified. When I tried chrome/Firefox/edge before & after the factory reset, it was from my desktop. Only tried it from chrome & Firefox on my phone once, so I'll retry that tonight in case I only did it before the reset.
Message 7 of 9
Kitsap
Master

Another suggestion.  Disconnect the coax before performing the reset.  After the reset and during the reboot process reconnect the coax.  Stick with accessing the gateway from your desktop, preferably connected via an Ethernet cable.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@mleone wrote:
Sorry, should have clarified. When I tried chrome/Firefox/edge before & after the factory reset, it was from my desktop. Only tried it from chrome & Firefox on my phone once, so I'll retry that tonight in case I only did it before the reset.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series