Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 can't upload 5GHZ

FURRYe38
Guru

That could be one possible cause. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

However, others have seen usses with PC wifi adapters, items that don't use any MAC ADDRESS randomization. 

Message 126 of 162
yatman60
Star

Update::

I've been working very closely with the team at Netgear to get this issue resolved. I can't say too much as I had to sign an NDA but keep an eye out for a software update coming in the near future. I'm no longer experiencing issues on 5G.

Message 127 of 162
naveennelluri
Aspirant

Turning off Mac randomization didn't solve the upload issue. I've tried switching to static IP as well, to no avail. Please let us know if any workaround actually fixes this issue. I'm having to use 2.5 GHz to get around this, which is much slower.
Message 128 of 162
naveennelluri
Aspirant

@yatman60 I'm all in to try any beta software, that fixes it. It's strange to need an NDA, as this is not new software or hardware, but merely a bug fix, that's plaguing everyone apparently. But what do i know. Eagerly waiting and fingers crossed. Thanks for the update.
Message 129 of 162
lexneverland
Guide

Well, I won't be holding my breath. @yatman60 I will believe it when I see it. I have spent so much time with Netgear engineers, customer service reps, here in the forums. 

Any word on when this firmware update is being released?

Message 130 of 162
yatman60
Star

Firmware version 5.1.1.2 is what everyone needs to push for to be released.

Message 131 of 162
Mrhooha
Aspirant

Has anyone found a solution to this? My 5GHz signal won’t let me upload either and I’m on my second modem and second pc. It appears to be Netgear 5GHz signal only.
Message 132 of 162
Mrhooha
Aspirant

Can I get this fix? I am having this issue.
Message 133 of 162
Xellious
Tutor

I just bought a CAX80 and running into issues with the 5ghz when uploading and working with the Microsoft Azure portal. 80% of the time I load a resource page there is an api call failure and it can't get the resource info. I have 0 issues on the 2.4ghz network and have tried all posted troubleshooting steps with no luck.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
Message 134 of 162
Mrhooha
Aspirant

I have a case open with Netgear at the moment. I suggest you open a case to and provide this thread.
Message 135 of 162
Xellious
Tutor

I have an open case, but the phone system just drops my call as soon I choose the CAX option, so haven't been able to talk to anyone about it.

I got the 5.1.1.2 FW yatman60 mentioned and it has resolved the issue I was having with Azure and the api call errors, and may have resolved the issue with uploading. Comcast having issues in the area today, so only did a little testing with a 750MB upload to One Drive. Failed halfway through first time, but succeeded second.
Message 136 of 162
soundlink21
Aspirant

Hey have you been able to sort out the issue on the CAX80 ?

I am on the same situation and about to trash it

Message 137 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be recommended to contact NG support and ask about the beta FW that seems to be available. 

@soundlink21 wrote:

Hey have you been able to sort out the issue on the CAX80 ?

I am on the same situation and about to trash it

Message 138 of 162
soundlink21
Aspirant

Netgear rep sent me to call comcast because they should provide me the update. Circus I guess

Message 139 of 162
Kitsap
Master

@soundlink21 wrote:

Netgear rep sent me to call comcast because they should provide me the update. Circus I guess

Keep in mind on the CAX80, there is firmware for the modem side and that is available only from Comcast.  Also there is separate firmware for the router side and that is available from Netgear.

Message 140 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd try NG again, as mentioned, the ISP will only push FW for the modem side as the router side will come from NG that users can upgrade with. The modem side, users can not. 

@soundlink21 wrote:

Message 141 of 162

So I keep getting messages about this unit nearly 2 years later... 

No, I did not get a fix. I trashed the unit because I couldn't return it and Netgear was absolutely no help. 

There have been some talks of software and whatnot, but again nothing concrete. This unit was sold DOA fro Xfinity customers. 

My solution was to start from 0 and purchase a stand alone Modem and a new router, which is also Netgear but at least my new combo actually works. 

Message 142 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

You can un-subscribe your self from this thread so you won't get any more notifications:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

Good Luck.

Message 143 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you two re-confirm this FW version? 

Is this a correct version number? Seems this maybe incorrect.

@yatman60 wrote:

Firmware version 5.1.1.2 is what everyone needs to push for to be released.

@Xellious 

Message 144 of 162
yatman60
Star

Yes. This is the correct number. You will probably need to call support directly and ask for it.
Message 145 of 162
yatman60
Star

Yes. This is the correct number. You will probably need to call support directly and ask for it.
Message 146 of 162
Xellious
Tutor

Yes, it is correct. Since the issue appears to just be related to Xfinity I reached out to a friend at Comcast with the version number to see what they could find and got a copy from them since NG wasn't helpful, but don't expect to be able to get it from Xfinity support. I can see why they haven't released it, and not openly giving it as a fix. It fixed the connection issue, but now the Android app won't connect. Web portal still works and haven't had any other issues, though. 

Message 147 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok thank you two. Been trying to confirm this internally. Will pass this on. 
Ya I'm trying to get this version as well so I can help test with my CAX80. Would like to put the 5Ghz Upload issue to rest. 🙄

Message 148 of 162

I too am having the 5Ghz upload issue (specifically when uploading within Slack) on a CAX80 router.

Can someone pls provide a link to the beta firmware that is supposed to fix this? I work from home and can't be uploading files on the 2Ghz band especially since I pay for the top speed package with my ISP and I'm clearly not getting that when it comes to uploads.

-Shaun Sindelman-

Message 149 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to contact NG support and ask for the beta. 

Message 150 of 162
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7