Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 will not allow log-in at 192.168.1.1

0stiarius
Follower

CAX80 will not allow log-in at 192.168.1.1

I can't log in to the modem at 192.168.1.1, it will not accept admin/password as credentials even after multiple factory resets

When trying to log in with Nighthawk app I get error message "Login failed. Please re-enter the correct admin password for your NETGEAR router.

The internet connection and wifi signal are solid, I just can't access the router itself. 

possibly related: when I tried to register the product with Netgear I get the message "This serial number is already registered to another customer." If I can't register the product, I can't open a support ticket. 

Again, multiple factory resets have not returned the login credentials to admin/password as expected.

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: CAX80 will not allow log-in at 192.168.1.1

@0stiarius wrote:

I can't log in to the modem at 192.168.1.1, it will not accept admin/password as credentials even after multiple factory resets

When trying to log in with Nighthawk app I get error message "Login failed. Please re-enter the correct admin password for your NETGEAR router.

The internet connection and wifi signal are solid, I just can't access the router itself. 

possibly related: when I tried to register the product with Netgear I get the message "This serial number is already registered to another customer." If I can't register the product, I can't open a support ticket. 

Again, multiple factory resets have not returned the login credentials to admin/password as expected.

First recommendation is to close the mobile device application and power down the mobile device.

Connect to your CAX80 for configuration using a real computer, Ethernet cable, and web browser.  The label on your CAX80 should give you an IP address to use.  Configuration of your cable gateway via a mobile device or a device connected via Wi-Fi can be very much hit and miss.  More often miss.

You do not need to register device or have your device registered to log in to the user interface and check the settings or configure your device.

Registration would be only useful if you are within the 90 day after purchase free support period or within the 1 year after purchase warranty period.

You can tell if your firmware default reset has been successful when the Wi-Fi SSID's and Wi-FI password return to the values printed on the label.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7