Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 with Orbi RBS750

VTR
Follower
Follower

CAX80 with Orbi RBS750

I recently purchased a CAX80 to replace my Orbi CBR750. I own (4) RBS750 extenders. Is there a way to use these extenders with the CAX80? The salesperson (through chat) told me I need a RBS850 which was compatible with both the CAX80 and the RBS750. Looking in the Nighthawk app I did not see the RBS850 listed. I finally got the modem up after dealing with Xfinity for two hours, still need the extenders to boost the signal. Everything is Wi-Fi 6 so I would hope I don't have to scrap all the extenders. 

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 with Orbi RBS750

RBS750s are only compatible with Orbi 7 and 8 series systems. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000065169/Which-Orbi-routers-and-satellites-are-compatible

One thing you can do is configured the CBR for faux AP mode then connect the RBS to it and use the CBR and RBS as your wireless mesh system. I've done this to my CBR before and it works. 

Did you ever get this working? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/CBR750-connection-issues/m-p/216214...

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Why switch to the CAX80? The CBR750 is approved for the next generation upload speed at this time while the CAX80 isn't (yet). 

Gigabit Internet Upload Speed Increases in Enhanced Speed Markets : r/Comcast_Xfinity (reddit.com)

so you'd have faster upload speeds. Maybe not the same "peak" download but you won't see a difference going from 1 gig to 1.2gig. but going from a 40mbps to a 240mbps upload, you will notice. I sure did. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Only concern I'd have is that the CBR doesn't support anything beyond 1Gb on the LAN side. Wireless ya could see over 1Gb. LAN port maxes out at 1Gb. Where the CAX80 has a 2.Gb port. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7