Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 with Xfinity wifi texting failing

longer23
Aspirant

CAX80 with Xfinity wifi texting failing

I've been dealing with this problem for the longest time about a year now and now I'm back on the forums trying to figure this out. I've actually ran across the same problem you are experiencing when this happen. what I've came across is that it's the modem itself and nothing to do with Comcast provider. this also includes not being a problem with the phone you are using. the issue here lines primarily with whenever you are connected on the 5Ghz connection. when you are connected to the 2.4GHz you will see that everything works flawlessly however the speed difference between the two bands is noticeable huge. this is a big bug which I've noticed many AX6000 CAX80 owners been dealing with for the longest time and Netgear isn't doing anything about their current premium top cable modem router here and that's pretty sad. I've tried reseting the modem. I've tried playing with the different settings, channels, you name it. tried many things actually and friend on here never got answer back from Netgear customer support on a fix. I've bought this product new and from my experience the customer service is awful in my opinion. I went through 4 transfers on the phone that day, about 5+ hrs on the phone in total and their conclusion was I needed to reach higher department IT tech which would get back to me next week. I was having issues with my IPV6 getting released from the modem. I ended up doing a full reset twice and that finally got it to work. The worst part during this entire thing was that the first person after spending 1 hr with them they told me that they have to clock out but they will transfer me over and will let the other person know what exactly is going on. When I got transferred over the person had no idea what I was talking about ... every person I explained my situation didn't share notes over. 

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
longer23
Aspirant

Re: CAX80 with Xfinity wifi texting failing

problem is now solved with the custom firmware provided from Netgear support. you can play with all the settings you want but you will never fix these bugs with their latest firmware that is posted on their site. it's not the internet provider, its not your phone or laptop, not the cables being used, or the setting configuration used in the modem but their latest firmware itself version 2.1.5.2.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
longer23
Aspirant

that's funny. I initially wrote this as a reply to someone on here with the MMS issue on this router but it seems as it transferred into my own entire page here. 

my signal is fine and strong throughout the entire house including from outside but thank you for the suggestion. 

Message 2 of 9
longer23
Aspirant

I agree it is odd and is strange that this modem does that. 

Don't have any problems with sending a simple messaged text messages but when i'm sending an image over when I'm connected on the 5GHz network it fails and doesn't send on the phone. This also includes uploading and sending small images or files over on the computer on the 5GHz.

This problem only occurs on the 5GHz network and on the 2.4GHz network it is working fine. 

Message 3 of 9
longer23
Aspirant

I like this idea but it didn't work for me. tried uploading 2mb pdf document and it said upload failed.

switched over to the other network 2.4GHz and it worked. 

Message 4 of 9
longer23
Aspirant

so what I tried was uploading the PDF for work on their site through my iPhone. it would upload the file entirely which appears to be loaded on there but when I hit submit to complete the transfer it would say that it failed. this also occurs when I try this on the computer on the 5Ghz connection for like other websites with a like I can call it a two step process. upload the file and then hit submit resulting a failed to send. 

Message 5 of 9
longer23
Aspirant

looks like the PDF went through but if I try upload and send on other places it doesn't work.

are you thinking it's a channel thing?

Message 6 of 9
longer23
Aspirant

for example. I want to convert this PDF on freeconvert dot com into a word doc format. when I upload the PDF file on there and hit convert button I get error as of the result. 

Message 7 of 9
longer23
Aspirant

problem is now solved with the custom firmware provided from Netgear support. you can play with all the settings you want but you will never fix these bugs with their latest firmware that is posted on their site. it's not the internet provider, its not your phone or laptop, not the cables being used, or the setting configuration used in the modem but their latest firmware itself version 2.1.5.2.

Message 8 of 9
longer23
Aspirant

you all good bro you just trying to help me out and I can respect that. just to clarify and maybe I wasn't clear in my last msg here but version 2.1.5.2 didn't work for me. it was a custom firmware provided from Netgear support themselves that did the trick for me. for the pdf that just how it saved in my Mac and I named it 12.pdf. all good though I'm happy this thing is working now. the CAX80 with a good firmware now makes it a really solid modem to continue to own. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7