Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 won't work at all on WOW Internet; firmware update ruined it

FURRYe38
Guru

You don't have to use the NH app...users can use a wired pc and web browser to setup the modem. 

Message 126 of 137
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

User must do the factory reset because there were changes saved in non-volatile memory and only way to clear the non-volatile memory settings is to do a factory rest. If the CAX80 still has issues after a reset WOW may need to refresh/re-provision your device before it is able to fully work.

Message 127 of 137
ChiFast
Guide

Glad to see at least 1 person got it working but it’s still not working for me. Here’s what I’ve done:

Factory reset it multiple times (with and without WOW)
Had WOW refresh/re-provision multiple times
Had WOW manually remove the mac address then add it back

If the issue is that the changes are saved in the non-volatile memory, can I send the unit back to you to clear it since WOW doesn’t seem to be able to do it?

Alternatively, if I try connecting it temporarily to a different ISP (friend or family with Comcast), will that possibly clear it?

Message 128 of 137
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you power OFF the modem fully for 1 minute then back on?

@ChiFast wrote:

Glad to see at least 1 person got it working but it’s still not working for me. Here’s what I’ve done:

Factory reset it multiple times (with and without WOW)
Had WOW refresh/re-provision multiple times
Had WOW manually remove the mac address then add it back

If the issue is that the changes are saved in the non-volatile memory, can I send the unit back to you to clear it since WOW doesn’t seem to be able to do it?

Alternatively, if I try connecting it temporarily to a different ISP (friend or family with Comcast), will that possibly clear it?

Message 129 of 137
ChiFast
Guide

No, I forgot to do that at the time. RCN / Astound acquired WOW customers in my area and the switch over to them occurred a few nights ago. I tried troubleshooting with them which included everything previously mentioned plus powering off the unit fully for at least 1 minute. Still no resolution. They are able to detect it on their end and I get 4 solid lights but no connection.

Message 130 of 137
Moocow1980
Apprentice

Columbus and I believe Cleveland were sold to Atlantic Broadband or whatever they were called before very recently rebranding as Breezeline. The changeover was done this week. May hold promise for anyone holding onto the CAX80, but I doubt it's overnight. The new companies will probably use WOW infrastructure for a while yet.
Message 131 of 137
FizzyOtter
Tutor

Now I don't know if this has to do with the modem or the whole ordeal that is going on in Ohio.

As of Thursday evening I've noticed I've been getting random disconnections from WOW. 

I would notice I would lose connection speed. Then the modem resets.
Of course I checked in with WOW and they have no idea.

Message 132 of 137
FURRYe38
Guru

@Moocow1980 @Supmario89 @Basha94 @wziemer @zanfly @Jinguni @Pawel-Miga @Lucas_Sz @ChiFast @FizzyOtter 

Can you all comment on your current status or updates on this? 

Still having problems or has this all been resolved for you? 

Message 133 of 137
Basha94
Guide

I can say that my CAX80 has been up and running with absolutely no issues after switching providers (wow to spectrum).
Message 134 of 137
wziemer
Star

I went through some alternative Netgear channels and was able to work with an engineer from Jan to May of this year and in May, they were able to work with WOW to determine the issue and roll out the fix after I loaded several engineering firmware to gather additional debug info and provide that data back to them. It was my understanding that this fix was rolled out to all CAX80 devices, but of course I have no way of validating that. That said, I can say that I'm a WOW customer that was transitioned over to Astound and I've had 0 issues with my CAX80 since, but I also run only in modem mode (router mode = no) at this time and have no interest in switching over to Router mode = yes for the foreseeable future, so I don't think I'm a very good case to validate if this is or is not working on Astound. 

Message 135 of 137
Jinguni
Guide

I switched ISP from WOW/Astound to Xfinity, got tired of hassling with WOW since they couldn’t identify issue or provide workaround. They had me swap out 3 modems and issue still persisted. No issues occurred with Xfinity.
Message 136 of 137
ChiFast
Guide

The issue has been resolved for me and the CAX80 is working but I've been switched to Astound RCN because they acquired WOW customers in this area.

Message 137 of 137
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7