Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 internet issue after power outage

Tweete18
Aspirant

CBR750 internet issue after power outage

I had a CBR750 modem/router installed in a new home with Xfinity service and approximately 2 months ago we had a power outage. Long story short, the issue was found to be the router but Netgear would not replace it because it was out of warranty. I found another used replacement CBR750 but this time I put it on an UPS to prevent any future issue to any of the internal electronics. Well hence here we are with another unit not functioning after a power outage. I have seen countless blogs with other experiencing the same problem but no resulting resolution from Netgear. I have tried everything with no avail (reboot, firmware, etc.). Has anyone figured out what could be happening to these units and how to remedy the problem?
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR750 internet issue after power outage

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status and event log page.
https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...
https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-view-or-clear-the-event-logs-on-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mode...

Any RBS deployed? If so how many? 
RBS firmware loaded please. 

Any front LED indications seen when this happens? 

If the CBR is on a UPS, then would not be a CBR issue if the UPS maintained power to the CBR unit. 

Message 2 of 6
Tweete18
Aspirant

The 3 LEDs from the left to right will go solid but the last one will not lock on the Xfinity signal. I had a tech come and check the signal and everything checked out okay. I am actually using a leased Xfinity modem/router right now. This is the same behavior from both modem/routers that are no longer working. There is one RBS deployed. I am currently out of town but should have the firmware and event log for you once I return.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Ok, Will need to see those logs after the CBR is back online with the ISP. 

FYI: There as been ISP infrastructure changes so this may play a roll in this as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Gateways/ComCast-XFinity-Next-Generation-ISP-FAQ/td-p/...

Safe travels. 

Message 4 of 6
Tweete18
Aspirant

I did not have a backup config file to restore from. I downloaded the most updated fw version and then installed from my laptop. I tried to reactivate from the app and a Xfinity technician tried as well. It was narrowed down to the issue being the cbr750 but after troubleshooting, netgear said they couldn’t do anything to fix it.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Checking to see if you were able to get the CBR back online and if you did, were you able to set the event and cable connections log data? 

Wondering if you might have a friend, neighbor or maybe a family member that you could take the CBR to and connect there to see if it works there? 

@Tweete18 wrote:
I did not have a backup config file to restore from. I downloaded the most updated fw version and then installed from my laptop. I tried to reactivate from the app and a Xfinity technician tried as well. It was narrowed down to the issue being the cbr750 but after troubleshooting, netgear said they couldn’t do anything to fix it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7