Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CG3000Dv2 poor performance

Dickb_100
Follower

CG3000Dv2 poor performance

This is an older device and while it works I've had very poor performance with it.

I have comcast and pay for 275 mbps download speed and yet even with wired connection  direct to the device I rarely achive better than 75 mbps in speed test and have very long ping times frequently over 100 msec. I'm wondering 3 things;

1) does this device use the Puma chip set?

2) if yes to question 1 is there any software firmware update that will help this poor performance? and how is the new firmware installed?

3) again if answer to 1 is yes it their a potential low cost or free  upgrade availble from Netgear as I understand there is a large class action law suite involving these Puma chipset?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CG3000Dv2 poor performance

@Dickb_100 wrote:

This is an older device and while it works I've had very poor performance with it.

I have comcast and pay for 275 mbps download speed and yet even with wired connection  direct to the device I rarely achive better than 75 mbps in speed test and have very long ping times frequently over 100 msec. I'm wondering 3 things;

1) does this device use the Puma chip set?----no

2) if yes to question 1 is there any software firmware update that will help this poor performance? and how is the new firmware installed?----firmware is updated via the isp. And they rarely do so. 

3) again if answer to 1 is yes it their a potential low cost or free  upgrade availble from Netgear as I understand there is a large class action law suite involving these Puma chipset?-----no there's not a low cost/free upgrade. 

This devices doesn't use the puma chipset with the issue (https://badmodems.com/Forum/app.php/badmodems)

but you could have other issues. 

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs? that lets us check your connection to the isp. 

Something to keep in mind with this device is that its only a N450 device. A 2.4ghz single band device. The wireless wont be fast on it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7