Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 multiple unlocked channels, millions of uncorrectable errors after 2 hours

ABusOfNuns
Aspirant

CM1000 multiple unlocked channels, millions of uncorrectable errors after 2 hours

Hello all, I have a CM1000 with Comcast's gigabit tier service. This is the second new CM1000 I've tried and I am still experiencing these issues, so I don't think the modem is at fault here.

Ever since I ordered internet at this address, I have been experiencing speeds nowhere near 1000 mbps. Usually it hangs around 200-300 mbps, sometimes it drops down to 40 mbps. This was verified with multiple speedtests. The internet also disconnects multiple times a day.

I factory reset my modem two hours ago, and used the internet for a while before I opened the management page for the modem again. I seem to have lots of uncorrectable errors, and several channels that are not locked. Is this an issue that I can fix myself, or should I give Comcast a call and see if they can send a tech?

Any help is very appreciated; thank you in advance.

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: CM1000 multiple unlocked channels, millions of uncorrectable errors after 2 hours

you have an issue with your line. It may be your home wiring or even signal coming in from street. 

Do you have any other outlet to connect and check? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: CM1000 multiple unlocked channels, millions of uncorrectable errors after 2 hours

you have an issue with your line. It may be your home wiring or even signal coming in from street. 

Do you have any other outlet to connect and check? 

Message 2 of 5
ABusOfNuns
Aspirant

There are other outlets in the house that used to be connected to the main line via splitter, but when we ordered the service, a tech came, removed the splitter, and made a direct connection from the outside line to the outlet the modem was connected to.

I called Comcast and a tech is coming tomorrow, will update on what happens.
Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 3 of 5
ABusOfNuns
Aspirant

Tech came and opened the wall plate the coax was coming out of. The wiring in there was almost non-existent, and completely frayed. He fixed it, and now there are practically 0 uncorrectable codewords after an hour!

Message 4 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

wow! thank you. Mission accomplished.

There is tiny uncorrectables but not too bad.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series