Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 with Static IP -- how to login so can update firmware

glavender
Aspirant

CM1000 with Static IP -- how to login so can update firmware

How do I login to my CM1000 cable modem which has Static IP address to update firmware.  I thought I would just http:// into the my static IP gateway address, but no response.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000 with Static IP -- how to login so can update firmware

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Users with C and CM series cable modems are not allowed to update FW for the modem. All that is done by the ISP:

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Is there a problem with your CM series modem? 

Message 2 of 6
glavender
Aspirant

Thank you for the response.  I guess Grande Communications -- now Astound quit support Static IPs -- so I guess I am stuck with current firmware.  Getting certificate errors using SSL in email.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try using DHCP.

Are you connecting with wired PC to the modem or is there a wifi router in between? 

Ask the ISP about DHCP and what is needed to be used for the modem and any wifi router or connected PC to the modem. The modem only passes thru traffic from the ISP to the connecting devices. I don't believe FW on the modem would help that. Something to ask the ISP about. 

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 6
glavender
Aspirant

I have to have static for servers.  Astound does not want to support static anymore after talking to them.  Found out the provider has to update the firmware.  Plus, they do not support an older modem like the CM1000.  Just going to switch to another provider.   Thanks for the responses.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements