Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000v2 Frimware can't be updated remotely by ISP

HyperFirez
Tutor

CM1000v2 Frimware can't be updated remotely by ISP

Hi, I've been expiring this weird issue with Battlenet. Specifically the new Call of Duty games. I keep getting disconnected every 1.5 - 3 hours. I noticed that the frimware on my modem is higher than what my ISP, COX Communications, reccomends to have. I've already tried getting them to downgrade the frimware over the line, but it failed multiple times. Is this a hardware issue? I'm still within warranty to get a replacement. Other than this weird issue just specifically with those games, the modem works completely fine for everything else.

Also I read that I might be able to get my ISP to push the frimware by going to a nearby store. Should I try that as well?

Thanks.

EDIT: I noticed that also my upstream power levels are apparently under the reccomended. I read somewhere that closer to 40 is ideal. They are around 30 dBmV. Downstream are all between 1.5-3.2 dBmV

Model: CM1000-1AZNAS|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

do you have an actual screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs? 

in terms of firmware, the firmware is bundled with the ISP's provisioning of your device. 

Its not something the ISP is going to change sadly.

I'd doubt the issue is the modem if its only happening in one game. If it was multiple games/services, then I'd be more inclined to point fingers at the modem. 

If you direct connect your console to the modem and use it, do the drops still happen?

Message 2 of 7
HyperFirez
Tutor

So here are the pics. Also this is happening on my PC. I play on Battlenet and I think it's an issue solely with the PC version as it is a Battlenet errorcode.

1.png

2.png

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

photos have to be approved by a moderator. (it can take a while)

If the pc is directly connected to the cm1000, does it have the same issues? 

Message 4 of 7
HyperFirez
Tutor

Yes it does. I also had a Cox tech come out and hook in directly to it. He tried running a speedtest multiple times and the first couple of times it timed out. Eventually on the 4th/5th time it worked. He said at that point he believes it has a hardware defect

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Did he hook one of their modems to it? 

Message 6 of 7
HyperFirez
Tutor

Not entirely sure what it was. It was a really bulky handheld device with plugs for ethernet and coax cables. It also had a touchscreen on it.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7