Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000v2 Internet dropping

NickG847
Aspirant

CM1000v2 Internet dropping

We have been having issues with our internet dropping several times a day. Curious about downstreaming/upstreaming channels and being locked/unlocked. 

31/32 Downstreaming channels are locked 

5/8 Upstreaming channels are locked 

Could these be contributing to our internet dropping? 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000v2 Internet dropping

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 4
NickG847
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply and help - I had my ISP technician come out and he confirmed everything was fine. We just moved in two months ago with all new wiring. Of course, it's one of those things where everything works when a technician comes, but then they leave and it goes out again. They continue to just do factory resets and confirm everything is good. And then it goes out again later. 

Netgear says it's because not every upstream and downstream channel is locked. But I read reviews that not every channel needs to be locked, just the majority. But regardless, I'm willing to try that idea. Unfortunately, my ISP says Netgear has to configure that setting on their modem. Netgear says my ISP has to make that adjustment. And I get nowhere. 

Thanks for any other ideas you might have.  

NG

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with a forum moderator to see what can be done. Nothing else can be done here in the forums.

@olympos1625 

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7