Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000v2 Xfinity Gigspeed Issue

torres7713
Initiate

CM1000v2 Xfinity Gigspeed Issue

Hi All,

I am having issues with my download speeds straight from the modem on my CM1000v2 device. I pay for the 1000mbps service but I am constantly only ever getting 600mbps down. I have an xfinity tech coming out tomorrow to check if the connection from the node to modem is the issue, but wondering if I provide the details from my modem here if anyone can help to identify any FW/SW issues. Thanks in advance for the help!

Modem: CM1000v2
FW version: V7.01.01 

HW version: 2.02

CM1000v2 Channel Info1.PNGCM1000v2 Channel Info2.PNGCM1000v2 Channel Info3.PNGCM1000v2 Eventlog.PNG

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000v2 Xfinity Gigspeed Issue

Are you speed testing with a wired PC connected directly to the back of the modem? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 6
torres7713
Initiate

Are you speed testing with a wired PC connected directly to the back of the modem? - Yeah that is correct.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.

That is the plan.

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 

None that I know of but will have the Tech confirm.

Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Will have to ask the tech about this as the line they setup a few years back was theirs.

Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Done multiple times with no luck.

Thanks @FURRYe38 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, let us know how it goes...

Message 4 of 6
triogang
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Called Xfinity and they mentioned issue with the modem. Called Netgear and they mentioned since more than 90 days need to buy $89 6 month tech support to get the software optimized. After purchasing $160 router getting shortchanged by Netgear like this. Expected better from them.

Message 5 of 6
rotorbudd
Aspirant

The power levels might be a little high and why do you have so high a number of correctables?

If youv'e got a tech coming out have him look at your signal levels very closely.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7