Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000v2 poor speed test results

HyperFirez
Tutor

CM1000v2 poor speed test results

As the title suggests I am having less than desireable speed test results after "upgrading" to this device. I was getting 900+ download, but I am only getting about 300-400 now. My ISP is Cox and I already contacted them and their line test is fine. I do have an older coax cable ran to my room which might be the issue, but also wouldn't make sense because I had good speeds on their leased equipment. I did check the status of the connection and I have a bunch of Unerrored Codewords and it says every Channel is locked. Not sure what the entirely means but it doesn't sound good, again I don't know. Either way I am pretty unhappy with my investment so far and hopefully I can get it resolved here. 

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
HyperFirez
Tutor

Re: CM1000v2 poor speed test results

Had someone from Cox come out today. He determined that it wasn't the line after all. Nor a faulty modem. He fixed the upstream signal with some adapter thing that screws into the coax port then the coax screws onto it. Turned out to be my Windows was corrupted and the lan driver started acting up. I'm back up to Gigabit speeds now.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Please post a screen snip of the cable connections pages and logs. Thats more helpful than saying you have some errors. 

Also, I'd try moving the modem to right where the line enters the home and test speeds there. This ensures the lines within the home aren't causing the issue. 

Message 2 of 10
HyperFirez
Tutor

Here is the status pages: https://imgur.com/a/qgJNiko

Message 3 of 10
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

did you try Speedtest app directly connected PC behind modem?

Message 4 of 10
HyperFirez
Tutor

Yes I did. I am getting 300-400 download and 35-40 upload. Upload is the same, download is less than half.

Message 5 of 10
HyperFirez
Tutor

I just got done chatting with my ISP and they are sending a tech out on the 7th. Seems like my status compared to people with similar issues seems fine. So it might be the lines.

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

glad to hear you have them coming out. You're upstream values are way to low. 

Message 7 of 10
HyperFirez
Tutor

What would healthy upstream values look like?

Message 8 of 10
HyperFirez
Tutor

Had someone from Cox come out today. He determined that it wasn't the line after all. Nor a faulty modem. He fixed the upstream signal with some adapter thing that screws into the coax port then the coax screws onto it. Turned out to be my Windows was corrupted and the lan driver started acting up. I'm back up to Gigabit speeds now.

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

Hoping it stays working well for you!

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements