Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1100 Cox connection randomly slowing down disconnecting from vpn

Jirotokio
Aspirant

CM1100 Cox connection randomly slowing down disconnecting from vpn

I am currently having issues with my Netgear CM1100 on Cox internet. It is randomly slowing down to the point of disconnecting me from vpn for work. https://imgur.com/a/gupK8zW This is a screenshot that shows what my connection looks like. In the log file I am getting warnings about "Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW" and "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;" I had good service with this modem until they did some service upgrade and it has been giving me issues ever since. A Cox field technician came out and he ended up removing an attenuation filter that was attached to the back of the modem. It worked for a few weeks but the issues cropped up again. I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting this issue.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1100 Cox connection randomly slowing down disconnecting from vpn

Your power levels are all over the place and out of spec. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7