Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 + ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Regular Download Speed Drops

Telcontarr
Aspirant

CM1200 + ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Regular Download Speed Drops

Hello,

I'm using the CM1200 and the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 on a Spectrum 940mb download plan. Over the course of a day, from the moment the router is reset, my download drops to around 10-20mb download and around 20-30mb upload. I am using the link aggregation feature in the modem, and the router also supports link aggregation.

I have verified with ASUS support that the router is updated, functioning normally, and has no issues. I have had 2 visits from the ISP to verify connection and performance in their equipment up to the modem - they check all the lines into the house (including climbing the nearby pole with the junction box and the connection box on the house, and verified that the output at the cable RG6 I use to be the standard deviation of that speed package, ranging from 750-900mb download at each link in that chain. They replaced the RG6 cable outlet just to be safe, and provided a new cable to the modem, again to be safe. I asked about noise or interference and the tech at the time said there was nothing that should be causing such significant drops.

The CM1200 is brand new. To get anything approaching my expected speeds I am resetting the router multiple times a day, or else just working with the very low speed.

Thanks for the help.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1200 + ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Regular Download Speed Drops

Mostly general info, however NG compiles the code and does a quick check/test I presume, then NG works with ISPs and hands off any FW updates to the ISPs. ISPs then go thru there own testing to make sure it doesn't break anything on there network, I presume verifies FW works and any fixes are checked and then certifies it for there network if they approve. Once approved, for those ISPs that push to user owned modems, will push as seen with CC/XF. Some ISPs have policies that they will not push FW to user owned modems. Spectrum seems to be problematic in this area. Smiley Frustrated

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP push v2 FW to the CM modem. There was a recent update to the CM1200 that fixed the LAG enabled slowdown:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM1200-slows-down-after-24-48-hours-of-uptime-...

Thoght I see Spectrum is mentioned as not having it ready? 

Message 2 of 4
Telcontarr
Aspirant

I've contacted Spectrum and had to go through a few different conversations to even try and connect to someone who knows about this process. They've repeatedly just told me to contact Netgear to solve the problem. Is there any information on how the individual ISP's approve and deploy these firmware updates? I'd be interested to know if anyone keeps track of that progress.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Mostly general info, however NG compiles the code and does a quick check/test I presume, then NG works with ISPs and hands off any FW updates to the ISPs. ISPs then go thru there own testing to make sure it doesn't break anything on there network, I presume verifies FW works and any fixes are checked and then certifies it for there network if they approve. Once approved, for those ISPs that push to user owned modems, will push as seen with CC/XF. Some ISPs have policies that they will not push FW to user owned modems. Spectrum seems to be problematic in this area. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7