Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2000 - Won't reach maximum speeds.

Jayboy2008
Aspirant

CM2000 - Won't reach maximum speeds.

Hello Netgear Community,

I'm not so experience in troubleshooting modems/routers/networking, but I having trouble figuring out why my modem won't reach max speeds.

Speeds test from multiple websites average 540 - 560 MBps; I am paying for 800 MBps

1. I have tried wireless/wired connections to router and/or modem with the same speeds (

2. I have also tried directly connecting to the modem, but in order to do I always need to powercycle the modem, which is annoying, My PC will pull a 169 address.

I have uploaded my log file, please help me! Thank you all!

Message 1 of 4
Kitsap
Master

Re: CM2000 - Won't reach maximum speeds.

@Jayboy2008 wrote:

Hello Netgear Community,

I'm not so experience in troubleshooting modems/routers/networking, but I having trouble figuring out why my modem won't reach max speeds.

Speeds test from multiple websites average 540 - 560 MBps; I am paying for 800 MBps

1. I have tried wireless/wired connections to router and/or modem with the same speeds (

2. I have also tried directly connecting to the modem, but in order to do I always need to powercycle the modem, which is annoying, My PC will pull a 169 address.

I have uploaded my log file, please help me! Thank you all!

Make sure your Ethernet cables are good.  Cat 6 or better is recommended.

With your computer connected direct to your modem, use the Ookla native application to test throughput capacity.  This application bypasses the web browsers.  If your throughput does not compare favorably with what you purchase from your ISP, check for updates to the OEM drivers for the Ethernet port on your computer.

In general, your Wi-Fi throughput is more tied to the client device or other devices on your LAN downstream of your modem.

Message 2 of 4
Jayboy2008
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, ordered some CAT6 cables! Will provide update with speed test from Ookla when it arrives.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

CAT6A STP cabling is recommended between the modem and your router or device you have connected to it. Not UTP. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7