Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2000 stop working all of a sudden

bheg
Aspirant

CM2000 stop working all of a sudden

Hello All,

I been troubleshooting my network the last 4 hours and narrow it down to the my modem (CM2000). I bought it in 2021 and looks like the one year warranty expire already, go figure...So all the light comes up but it doesn't do anything else. I know it's the modem cause if I connect ISP modem my network works fine, I put in another old modem Netgear CM1100 and it also works fine. If I plug up the CM2000 however everything just stop working with my firewall showing unable to obtain IP. Is it possible for netgear to still RMA the product? I feel like I just wasted 200 bucks that only lasted a year...

Thank You

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: CM2000 stop working all of a sudden

If you hardwire in a pc/laptop to it, are you able to access its gui? 

Did you try factory resetting it? 

Disconnect the coax from it and while powered on, hold reset for up to 30 seconds. 

Message 2 of 5
bheg
Aspirant

Already tried that, straight lan to desktop no connection to gui even after factory reset.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

With the cm2000 hooked up, is the isp able to activate and see it? 

Thats where I'd start. Get them able to activate it. 

Once they can (if they can), let it self activate. Then power it off, give it 2 minutes, and connect the router back up to it. 

then power the modem up give it 2 minutes and power the router up. 

Usually if the modem lights are all on (depending on color) and solid, its still working. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Might check the volts and amps at the power adapter tip to be sure they are same and what's seen on the power adapter printed info as well. Try a different same volt and amp adapter to compare...

Can try a 30-30-30 and see if this "might" help, not sure if it will. 😏

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7