Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2050V unstable after Comcast updated firmware

drdrum56
Initiate

Re: CM2050V unstable after Comcast updated firmware

I had the same issues. Purchased a Connect Sense Router Rebooter from Amazon since I was traveling away for an extended time period and could not manually reboot, this seems to work so far. Today, I just got the following email from Comcast, which explains that I do not have a defective modem or connections:

We've identified an issue with your NETGEAR internet modem

We've noticed intermittent connectivity issues with your internet service and have identified the cause to be a defect with your NETGEAR CM2050V internet modem. NETGEAR is working on a software update that should fix the problem. Because the update may not be available for several months, we have taken steps in the interim to stabilize your connection and provide you with the best possible experience. These proactive measures should resolve your intermittent connectivity issues and provide you with fast speeds, but your modem may not achieve the full upstream speeds included in your Xfinity Internet package until the NETGEAR CM2050V software update is deployed.

No action is required at this time. However, if you want to ensure you're getting the full speeds included in your internet package, you may want to consider these options:

Lease our Xfinity Gateway, which is a combined modem and WiFi router designed to deliver enhanced coverage and the benefits of our next-generation Xfinity 10G Network.
Purchase a new modem from our recommended device list.
Change your current Xfinity package by visiting xfinity.com.
Otherwise, we'll reach out again once we receive further information from the device manufacturer on when a fix will be in place.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

Message 26 of 33
ATB
Star
Star

I also received these email messages from Comcast today for my two modems (one in CA and one in MA).  So it was an issue with the new firmware all along, as many of us had suspected.  I really hope that Netgear fixes this firmware issue for CM2050V really soon!

Message 27 of 33
robbob94925
Tutor

So, when is Netgear going to fix the problem now that Comcast/Xfinity has clearly thrown the ball back into Netgear's court?

Or will Netgear keep blaming Comcast.

Netgear -- how about an update?

I at least applaud Comcast for notifying me, wish Netgear had done the same.

Message 28 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 29 of 33
jcasberg
Aspirant

My speed seems to be up now for a week...how do you know if they fixed /updated the software?

Message 30 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is now loaded on your CM series modem? 

May have been a ISP service side issue that was fixed as well. 

@jcasberg wrote:

My speed seems to be up now for a week...how do you know if they fixed /updated the software?

Message 31 of 33
Kitsap
Master

@jcasberg wrote:

Specifically up to what value?

Log in to the user interface.  If your firmware version is V2.01.03, it has not been updated.

See attached snip.

Message 32 of 33
Kitsap
Master

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements