Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM400 Cable Modem

Willmattb
Aspirant

CM400 Cable Modem

Can someone help me. My modem keeps losing internet connection. I purchased it in January, 2020 and it worked fine for 2 months. I've rebooted, reset, etc and it will not hold the internet connection. Netgear telling me it's not hardware issue but something in configuration but they will not troubleshoot. Anyone else experience this problem.
Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: CM400 Cable Modem

Log into the modem and get a screen snip of the cable connections page showing all the upstream/downstream info and post it back here. 

Also the logs. 

Also, remove any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in your line. These can cause issues. (sometimes fix them too but usually cause the problems). 

Are you sure its the modem? How do you know?

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Do you have a wifi router connected to the CM modem? If so, what is the Mfr and model# of this router? 

Message 3 of 8
Willmattb
Aspirant

Im sending 2 pictures
Message 4 of 8
Willmattb
Aspirant

Message 5 of 8
Willmattb
Aspirant

Its connected directly to computer. Problem is it will not hold connection. Will connect for 5 min then connection drops.
Message 6 of 8
Willmattb
Aspirant

Im using the coax that ISP originally installed
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

You need to have the isp check the line. your power levels are pretty high and you have a lot of errors.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7