Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CMD31T - All green lights - no internet

pauliw25
Aspirant

CMD31T - All green lights - no internet

Recently I returned my defective Netgear CMD31t modem to Netgear.

This week, a refurbished replacement arrived. 

Problem:

When I connect the replacement modem to my desktop computer and my Time Warner internet cable - the modem shows all green lights. However, in Windows 10 for the Ethernet connection, all I get is a NO INTERNET message.

I am sure there is some type of setup procedure that needs to be done to fix this. Could someone please tell me what I need to do?

I have not been able to find a modem Manual (even online) that helps.

Note: I am a novice when it comes to stuff like this so please explain things in basic terms.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CMD31T - All green lights - no internet

pauliw25

I do not know if you have done this yet or not since its a replacement modem Time Warner cable has to re provision the modem and make sure its enabled in there billing system on you account so I would call there Tier 3 tech support have them check and see if they can communicate properly with the new modem.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello pauliw25

Do you have a router that the CMD31T is connected to? also try another cord could be a bad cord.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
pauliw25
Aspirant

No - the WiFi router is connected to the Ethernet modem. Not the other way around.  The Ethernet router CMD31T is directly connected to my Time Warner internet cable.

My Windows 10 desktop is connected to the modem via an ethernet cable - the same cable that worked with the original CMD31T modem.  

In seeing that I am using the same cable that worked before - I serously doubt it's the cable, and to be honest - in seeing that I live on a limited budget - I would prefer to avoid purchasing a new cable when most likely the problem is not with the Ethernet cable.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

pauliw25

I do not know if you have done this yet or not since its a replacement modem Time Warner cable has to re provision the modem and make sure its enabled in there billing system on you account so I would call there Tier 3 tech support have them check and see if they can communicate properly with the new modem.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7