Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cable modem (CM500) logs

helotbc
Aspirant

Cable modem (CM500) logs

I recently purchased a NetGear CM500. At about the same time I installed it, I started getting drops in network connection. The log  on the device's web interface don't reveal much. Is there a way to SSH or connect to the modem's OS to view the logs on the device?

I'm trying to troubleshoot and isolate the issue. The logs on my computer say that the wireless interface renegotiated a connection at approxiately the same time as the outage, but don't indicate any error. Any help would be appreciated. -Thanks, Brendan

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Cable modem (CM500) logs

In the downstream bonded channels. 

the correctables/uncorrectables have errors.

And the "power" is that column. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Log into the modem (usually 192.168.100.1) and get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs and post them back here. 

please do it in a screen snip as its easier to read then copy/paste. 

Also, if you have any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers in line, remove them. 

You can also try just hardwiring into the modem and using it. That'll let you check to see if its a modem or a router issue. 

Message 2 of 6
helotbc
Aspirant

Plemans, The only devices on my coax line are splitters. There are approx. 3. I can't remove all of them as some are outside my house. The images you requested are attached:

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

You have errors in your line and your power it out of spec. 

If you "can't' remove those splitter then your isp needs to check your line. 

But you should be able to go from 1 splitter and take 1 of the legs of the splitter to run right to the mode. the reset can go where needed. Or get a barrel connector and direct connect them. 

Message 4 of 6
helotbc
Aspirant

Plemans, Can you let me know which lines in the log/cable map indicate errors in the line? I would like to pass this on to my carrier. Also, what do you mean "power out of spec." and what can be done about that?

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

In the downstream bonded channels. 

the correctables/uncorrectables have errors.

And the "power" is that column. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7