Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t change my network name

drmax1111
Aspirant

Can’t change my network name

I have a Nighthawk C6220. Recently had to reset my unit. I want to change my network name from Netgear 88 to a different name but it will not allow says it cannot connect to the router yet I have perfect connections and am able to use app fine. (I have previously been able to change my network name) I am unable to do it on the Internet as it says I need to use the app so the IP address in the URL does not work. It has a USB storage port, but says it’s only for connecting a storage device not connecting to a laptop. I have reset my modem a couple times now and I still get the same message. It says “configuration error. The router could not apply your new settings.” Then it says to check for my connections and they are fine. What is the problem? Unit 3 yrs old. I reset it troubleshooting a different issue.
Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you using a wired PC and web browser to factory reset the modem and setup from scratch walking thru the setup wizard with the browser? MS Edge or Firefox is recommended here. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you using a wired PC and web browser to factory reset the modem and setup from scratch walking thru the setup wizard with the browser? MS Edge or Firefox is recommended here. 

Message 2 of 4
drmax1111
Aspirant

I was able to use the IP address in url bar log on method. Worked on my phone. Did not the other night. Successfully changed network name. Thank you and case close!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7