Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get to dashboard AC1900 Router Model C7000v2

Cal-to-NH
Initiate

Can't get to dashboard AC1900 Router Model C7000v2

Hi folks.  After faithful service for 4 years, I had an awful power surge during a storm.  My router came back with the designations from the factory - NETGEAR76-5G and NETGEAR-76 - the 5G and 2.4G channels.  I ended up getting-in with my normal passwords i had set-up for each, but those titles were changed by me on my DASHBOARD when I first got the modem in 2018.  I went to my Nighthawk app and no dashboard - then I went to the App "list of supported routers" and the AC1900 is no longer on the list of what the app supports (too old?).  I went to my Netgear account figuring that would be an OK way to go, but still no access to a dashboard. IS there some other way I can get back to a dashboard and get my settings back in-order???  being lucky enough to still have my passwords, I am not out of commission in the meantime....

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't get to dashboard AC1900 Router Model C7000v2

I'd start with factory resetting it. (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on). 

Then install it through the browser and not the app. 

When you start, it'll say something along the lines of "netgear recommends using the app....blahblahblah". 

Scroll down and on the bottom it'll say something like "i don't have a smart phone". 

Click that and just follow the install guide. Easier and faster IMO. 

Message 2 of 4
Cal-to-NH
Initiate

ry Christmas to you and thanks much for the reply.

I have a house full of guests and I think I'll wait until they leave on Monday to try this.  Terrified that this will screw everything up by doing this,but am willing to give it a try in order to get everything back to normal. Thanks kindly again....

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

good luck! hope it works well

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements