Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect- error message incorrect password or cannot connect to network

CD0324
Aspirant

Cannot connect- error message incorrect password or cannot connect to network

Cable modem NETGEAR CM1000 My macbook pro connects ok. iPhones, Androids, Samsaung phones, iPad, Samsaung Tablet, Apple TV and Windows7 laptop have intermitant problems connecting. The location doesn't seem to matter. We have the network, the network-5G, and the network_ext (range extender). ISP is Comcast. Download speed as fast as 60 Mbps. They were out and updated some wiring, I have powercycled, comcast reset the modem, I changed the password. All software and firmware are uptodate. Comcast can't help because they don't support third party hardware. When we try to connect it to the network, it says incorrect password over and over and over. It doesn't accept the password or it just says can't connect. We click try again and it just does not connect. It's infuriating to just keep entering the pssword that I know is correct and nothting happens or to keep hitting try again and nothing happens. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Thanks in advance.
Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Cannot connect- error message incorrect password or cannot connect to network

Just replied before - why on earth create a new thread using the exact same incomplete and unclear content? A moderator will move your original post (during Netgear office hours)...

@CD0324 wrote:

When we try to connect it says incorrect password over and over and over. It doesn't accept the password or it sayd can't connect. We click try again and it just does not connect.

What exact "connect it" process you talk about - associating wireless clients to the router network name and security key (misleadingly designated password) or have a network connection and can't access the router Web UI using the username admin and the password? 

Is this a router factory default configuration - where all the information required is printed on the label - or do we face a router configured to a different network name and/or security key?

Message 2 of 4
CD0324
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect- error message incorrect password or cannot connect to network

Because someone said to repost it. What isincomplete not clear? I stated the problem and all of the relevanet software and hardware. Jerk.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems that this issue is related to the main host router and not the CM modem. 

What is the Mfr and model # of the WiFi router your using with the CM modem? 

@CD0324 wrote:
Cable modem NETGEAR CM1000 My macbook pro connects ok. iPhones, Androids, Samsaung phones, iPad, Samsaung Tablet, Apple TV and Windows7 laptop have intermitant problems connecting. The location doesn't seem to matter. We have the network, the network-5G, and the network_ext (range extender). ISP is Comcast. Download speed as fast as 60 Mbps. They were out and updated some wiring, I have powercycled, comcast reset the modem, I changed the password. All software and firmware are uptodate. Comcast can't help because they don't support third party hardware. When we try to connect it to the network, it says incorrect password over and over and over. It doesn't accept the password or it just says can't connect. We click try again and it just does not connect. It's infuriating to just keep entering the pssword that I know is correct and nothting happens or to keep hitting try again and nothing happens. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7