Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm1100 mid split xfinity firmware?

greeno
Apprentice

Cm1100 mid split xfinity firmware?

When will a ‘mid-split’ capable firmware for xfinity be released to xfinity? I’m in such an area and my upload speeds are capped at 25Mbps. I’m paying for 100Mbps. Just need a netgear cm1100 firmware to be provided to xfinity.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cm1100 mid split xfinity firmware?

Somethign to discuss with the ISP as they are responsible for pushing FW to users modems:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Gateways/ComCast-XFinity-Next-Generation-ISP-FAQ/td-p/...

They'll have the details on modems and what is supported on there network.

Message 2 of 4
greeno
Apprentice

Hi, I’m here as a last resort. They finally told me mines not mid split supported and sent me to netgear. The fact it’s old means it over for this modem.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

So thats up to the ISP on what is and what is not supported. If it's not, then you'll need to use the lower speed tier that they can support for this model modem. Though the CM1100 has two WAN ports and support Link Aggregation, basic speed support on each port is only 1Gb max. So basically, since ISP only alllow for 1 WAN IP and 1 speed service to most homes, if the ISP doesn't support a 1Gb speed tier, you'll have to use the next available lower speed tier package. I think there is a 800Mb package. Ask them they they will be officially supporting on the upload side as well. You'll need to ask the ISP what speed packages are supported in your area for this model modem and if you want anything passed 1Gb with this ISP, then you'll need a different modem, ie. CM2000 or CM3000 series (when the CM3000 series appears on the market. No idea when that will be. Most likely this year sometime.) The model modems have 2.5Gb WAN Ports. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7