Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm600 drops signal (or reboots) ALL THE TIME, every day

Ksutt
Initiate

Cm600 drops signal (or reboots) ALL THE TIME, every day

Attached a screenshot of its behavior this morning, but have no clue what I'm reading! I've restarted it countless times, did a factory reset yesterday. I do use its included power supply.
It's only been getting increasingly worse in the past 2 weeks, and my wife works from home every day so I have to fix this asap!
Considering its event log: Does it look to be a hardware issue? Or should I call Spectrum and have them check the wires/service to the home?

Thanks a ton in advance for any help!
Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Cm600 drops signal (or reboots) ALL THE TIME, every day

do you also have a screen snip of the cable connections page? 

Your errors tend to be line errors but the cable connections page can help.

also, if you have any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers connected to the coax line, remove them. preferably, move the modem to right where the coax enters the home and direct connect it. this prevents wiring ran in the walls from being the issue. 

Message 2 of 3
Ksutt
Initiate

Re: Cm600 drops signal (or reboots) ALL THE TIME, every day

Thank you! I just removed the outside splitter and used a coupler instead to get the modem directly to the outside coax, and it's been working seemingly normal again ever since! But fingers-crossed, it's only been an hour. I guess if it starts acting up again I'll have to get a Spectrum tech out here to switch out the wires...
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7