Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect google mesh to nighthawk 5G

jordan23jaguar
Aspirant

Connect google mesh to nighthawk 5G

I have my Nighthawk C7800 in bridge mode and I need to connect my Google nest mesh pods to the 5G. How do I connect to the 5G

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
jordan23jaguar
Aspirant

Re: Connect google mesh to nighthawk 5G

I have it in bridge mode and it's working because I have it plugged directly into the router. I got rid of the Google mesh and I have replaced it with the Orbi and the Orbi passes by the 2.4 and connects to the 5G.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies

@jordan23jaguar wrote:
I have my Nighthawk CS7800 in bridge mode ...

I can't find that in the Netgear system?

Do you mean C7800 cable modem/router?

.....I need to connect my Google nest mesh pods to the 5G. How do I connect to the 5G

A modem in bridge mode does not deliver WiFi.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

1. The C7800 (if thats what you have) doesn't have a bridge mode. It has a modem only mode and a modem/router mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/27191/How-to-set-the-cable-modem-router-to-be-on-modem-only

2. the google mesh setups need their own router to run off. they don't have a wisp mode to connect to another routers wifi and act as repeaters. Only their own. 

3. so I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do here. 

Do you have the C7800 setup in modem only mode? If so, simple connect the google mesh router to the c7800 in port 1 and then setup the google mesh's satellites. Or maybe a better description of what you're attempting might help

Message 3 of 6

@plemans wrote:

1. The C7800 (if thats what you have) doesn't have a bridge mode. It has a modem only mode and a modem/router mode. 

Yet another example of how "bridge mode" is confusing and best avoided.

Message 4 of 6
jordan23jaguar
Aspirant

I have it in bridge mode and it's working because I have it plugged directly into the router. I got rid of the Google mesh and I have replaced it with the Orbi and the Orbi passes by the 2.4 and connects to the 5G.
Message 5 of 6

@jordan23jaguar wrote:
I have it in bridge mode ....

We still don't know what you have in "bridge mode".

I have replaced it with the Orbi and the Orbi passes by the 2.4 and connects to the 5G.

Good for you, although it doesn't make much sense.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7