Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet light flashing green

DrFuguru
Follower

Ethernet light flashing green

I purchased a new NETGEAR CM500 and an Asus RT-ax3000 on january 4th, 2021. I recently switched ISPs and my ISP is telling me with my cable internet that I'm getting my 200Mbps download as provisioned. I have been troubleshooting this since January 22nd, 2021. When I noticed that my ethernet speeds were less than 10Mbps in state (kansas) with a ping over 200ms. While on my cellphone with LTE data off on my 2.4Ghz band is getting 190Mbps with a ping of 30ms in state. I initially thought my router was the fault, but from what I can tell after looking through my routers settings its not the routers fault. After reading through some documentation for the CM500 I noticed that the ethernet indicator when flashing says that the ethernet connection going to my router is not good and that if the light is a solid green the connection is good. Maybe I'm reading this documentation wrong but this would explain the poor speeds if the port isn't running at its expected 300Mbps.
I would like to say no this isn't a simple problem where hey did you notice that your ethernet cord was cut in half recently? Or a situation where my computers port is bad. I have been troubleshooting this for days I have talked to many technical support groups. I have ordered new ports and wifi cards for all my computers to absolutely confirm they are capable of running the speed I am paying for. I have tested multiple different ethernet cables that are all Cat5+ in type. I'm pretty mentally exhausted and putting posts like this up on forums is my last ditch effort. I hope someone here can give me a way out of this networking nightmare.

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ethernet light flashing green

Be sure to test a wired PC, use CAT6 cable, directly to the modem, with out the wifi router being in the mix first.

Try testing with a different wired PC to compare results, If the problem seems to follow, then, 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7