Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update c7000v2

Gordy206
Aspirant

Firmware update c7000v2

After spending several hours I am reaching out to the community for help. I have a solid wifi connection but my speed is slow. The firmware needs updating for my C7000v2 (3 years old). The current firmware version I have is v1.02.04 and the updated version is v1.03.01

Heres the problem. I downloaded the Nighthawk app.

It identifies that i need the new firmware, there is no place on the app to download the firmware.

The app sends me to routerlogin.net. After entering this Netgear genie location there is no place to download the firmware. I have watched videos and read the discussion board and cannot find where to download the firmware.

One video shows a bar across the top of Netgear genie to click to download, but there is no bar there to click.

Another posting says go to the “advanced” section tab, click on “administration’ then scroll down to find the  “router” or “firmware” update. My router login page does not have those options listed. Do you have any recommendations?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware update c7000v2

You'll need to talk to your ISP about FW updates. ISP are responsible for all C and CM series FW updates on this modems:

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

There is not user upgrade path. 

"I have a solid wifi connection but my speed is slow." What do you mean by this? 

Message 2 of 5
Gordy206
Aspirant

I have spoken to the ISP and they say the firmware should update automatically, and it is not.

Is it your advice to go back to the ISP (Astound broadband)  and ask them to do what?

If the ISP is to provide the firmware for owner provided routers then why is firmware available to download by Netgear product users?

Why don’t have I a place to download the firmware on my app or on the Netgear Genie?

With regards to your question about speed. My service is providing a speed of 250mbps  and when I test the speed I typically get between 70 and 90 mbps.

Is it time for a new router after 3 years?

Thank you so much for your assistance. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure the time zone and time are correct on the modem. 

Have them attempt to push the FW to the modem. You may need to power OFF the modem for 1-2 minutes, then back ON. I would pull the power adapter then plug back in. 

Again due to DOCSIS modem specs, users are not allowed to do FW updates on ISP cable modems. This is handled by the ISP. 

I recommend should you choose to abandon the C7000 modem, get into a modem only unit, then get a external WiFI router. All WiFi routers are user manageable and user FW updatable. 

Message 4 of 5

Another recent answer worth reading:

Re: c7000v2 Absurd Product - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7