Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to return to modem+router mode from only modem mode in a C6300?

polo3
Aspirant

How to return to modem+router mode from only modem mode in a C6300?

I have a c6300 and while connecting a TP-Link Deco m5, I decided to set the C6300 to modem only mode.  I use Comcast as ISP. I regret moving my modem to modem only mode, since now I cannot use most of the Ethernet ports (only one physical address at a time) and I guess I could just have switched the wifi radio off with the button in front of the mode.  Anyway, I have tried to access my modem to restablish the mode, but 192.168.0.1 nor 192.168.100.1 give me access to the modem.  How can I go back to modem/Router mode without a factory reset? Thanks!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: How to return to modem+router mode from only modem mode in a C6300?

If you can't get in via the 192.168.100.1, try simply factory resetting it. 

push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you can't get in via the 192.168.100.1, try simply factory resetting it. 

push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the modems web page and look under Advanced settings for Mode or Router mode or NAT node. There should be YES or NO. YES means router mode. 

@polo3 wrote:

I have a c6300 and while connecting a TP-Link Deco m5, I decided to set the C6300 to modem only mode.  I use Comcast as ISP. I regret moving my modem to modem only mode, since now I cannot use most of the Ethernet ports (only one physical address at a time) and I guess I could just have switched the wifi radio off with the button in front of the mode.  Anyway, I have tried to access my modem to restablish the mode, but 192.168.0.1 nor 192.168.100.1 give me access to the modem.  How can I go back to modem/Router mode without a factory reset? Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
polo3
Aspirant

This will work, I'm sure, isssue as I was trying to avoid the hard reset... thanjs anyway

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7