Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I accidentally myself by blocking new users in access control

YawgNuvNtses
Follower

I accidentally myself by blocking new users in access control

Help, bought a brand new NETGEAR modem router AC1200. Had a hard time installing it but after I installed it, I went to access control and block any users who try to access. However I accidentally blocked me too. Now I can’t access without seeing a black screen with two red line, one on top and bottom.

How do I start this router from scratch again and resetting it a couple times didn’t help? How do I get it working again?
Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: I accidentally myself by blocking new users in access control

@YawgNuvNtses wrote:
Help, bought a brand new NETGEAR modem router AC1200. Had a hard time installing it but after I installed it, I went to access control and block any users who try to access. However I accidentally blocked me too. Now I can’t access without seeing a black screen with two red line, one on top and bottom.

How do I start this router from scratch again and resetting it a couple times didn’t help? How do I get it working again?

On the back of the router, there is a recessed reset button.  With router powered on, push and hold the reset button for 7 to 10 seconds until the LED's start to blink. 

You will know you have been successful when the default Wi-Fi SSID and password work successfully.  Then use the default user name and password to log into the user interface.

You might download the user's manual from the downloads section above.  The AC1200 is not a model number.  Look on the label.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7